News, tools & research strategies from NYIT Librarians.
Art & Architecture Library (Arch) - tober 2020 Edition
Art & Architecture Library in Education Hall
Open: Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Resources available at the Art & Architecture Library in Education Hall include 8 architecture workstations, scanning, printing and study areas. Call 516-686-7579 to reserve a workspace.
- Click-and-Collect Submit a pickup request if you just need to check out a book.
- Request Articles and book scans within the limits of Fair Use.
- Librarians are online providing research support. Chat with a Librarian or Request a Research Appointment.
- Details on the full extent of library services found at NYIT.edu/library.
Virtual Library Workshops & Instruction
- SHARE WITH STUDENTS: Register for a series of library workshops which support your architecture career and your academic success here at New York Tech. Up next Historical Map Research - October 27th.
- Submit an instruction session request if you would like a focused library tutorial. Librarians are available to provide online instruction on topics including literature search strategies, how to use citation software, how to avoid plagiarism, and conduct ethical research.
- Database Highlight - Social Explorer - Explore Maps or Teach and Learn topical lessons. Create an account to save interactive demographic profiles.
“Celebrating 10 years”Archtober is livelier than ever, here are a few collection highlights for further reading:
- October 21st - Eileen Gray Virtual Guided Tours | Eileen Gray in NYIT Library Collections
- October 21st - 6pm - Alvar Aalto, Ernst Neufert, and the Politics of Standardization in Times of War | NYIT Library Collections
- October 26th - Decolonizing Design Research | Research Design and Bias in the NYIT Library Collections
New York Public Library supports extensive research services to the New York State and especially NYC region.
We urge you to apply for an NYPL card and take full advantage of these resources. Read this quick guide to get started applying for a library card and discovering the NYPL Click and Collect Services.